Sound Wave Guidelines and Reminders
Friday, September 20, 2013
Another year of Sound Wave Music Festival is almost upon us and if you haven’t bought your ticket yet, there will be some at the door — but we highly suggest you order your tickets online ahead of time. Also, please beware of frauds and scalpers, we’d hate for anyone to miss out on the fun!
Here are a few other guidelines and reminders to make sure you have the optimal Sound Wave experience.
- Date: Saturday, September 21, 2013
- Hours: Street (18+): 2:00 PM – 11:00 PM and Māyā Day + Nightclub and W Scottsdale (21+): 11:00 AM – 2:00 AM.
- Location: E Indian Plaza, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- Age Limit: 18+ to Enter, 21+ to Drink
Do not buy tickets from scalpers. Beware of frauds. Ensure your admission into the event by buying your ticket from an authorized ticket outlet. Sound Wave Music Festival will take place rain or shine. All acts advertised have confirmed their appearance, however acts are subject to change without notice. Guard your tickets carefully – just like cash! Buy early and save! Prices will increase and tickets may sell out as allotments run out.
Zero Tolerance For Drug Use or Possession
The use or possession of any illegal drugs or substances will not be tolerated anywhere inside or outside the venue. If you are found inebriated at the door, security will not allow you to enter the venue. Event staff reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone. Please come with a smile and be prepared to enjoy an evening full of music, dancing, and the full festival experience.
Safety and Medical
We are dedicated to providing a safe environment for everyone and keeping the event secure. Public and private security as well as medical staff will be present throughout the entire event. If you need any assistance please look for medical and information tent(s), or seek out a peace officer or event staff member.
Food and Beverages
An assorted menu will be available for purchase in the vendor village and at various stations around the venue.
Bars for 21+
Mixed drinks and cold beer will be served at the bars located throughout the event for those who are 21 years of age or older.
There will be numerous ATMs located around the venue. ATM locations will be marked on maps available throughout the event.
Lost and Found
Lost and Found onsite will be located next to the merch booth. After the show, please contact email@example.com. All unclaimed items will be donated to charity or discarded, where applicable.
The Sound Wave Merchandise Booth(s) can be found on the event map and will have a variety of t-shirts, tank tops, and other items for sale.
The festival will take place rain or shine and the heat index in Scottsdale is expected to reach up to 99 degrees. We know we don’t need to remind you of how the sun can drain the body, so if you’re wondering what you can do to stay cool while you’re walking and dancing outside all day, we’ve got you covered.
- Free water stations have been added.
- Stay hydrated by keeping a filled water bottle with you at all times. Commemorative water bottles will be available at the Merch tent.
- Wear a broadband sunscreen and reapply throughout the day.
- Look out for one another. If you and your friends have been sweating, grab some waters for the group to replenish nutrients.
- Dark colors absorb heat rays, so avoid wearing all dark clothes.
- Medical personnel will be ready to assist you at the medical tent.
- Gatorade will be available to patrons who feel they may be dehydrated at the water stations and medical tent.
Acceptable Forms of Identification for Entry
- Any U.S. government issued driver’s license or identification card provided that it contains a photograph and date of birth.
- A U.S. or foreign government issued passport containing a photograph and date of birth.
Unacceptable Forms of Identification for Entry
- School identification.
- Consular identification.
- Licenses issued in countries other than the U.S.
- Expired identification of any kind.
- Birth certificates.
- Xerox copies of any identification.
- NO Re-entry/Ins & Outs.
- NO Refunds or Exchanges.
- NO Sitting on Designated Dance Floor Areas.
- NO Moshing, Crowd Surfing or Stage Diving.
- NO Unauthorized/Unlicensed Vendors Allowed.
- NO Unauthorized Solicitations, Handbills, Sampling, Give-Aways, etc..
- NO Illegal Substances.
- NO Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia.
- NO Pets.
- NO Massagers.
- NO Laser Pointers.
- NO LED Gloves or LED Microlights used for Light Shows.
- NO Glowsticks.
- NO Pacifiers or Dust Masks.
- NO Eyedrops (available inside festival at the General Store).
- NO Glass, Cans, Cups or Coolers.
- NO Markers, Pens or Spray Paint.
- NO Large Chains or Spiked Jewelry.
- NO Stickers, Flyers, Banners or Posters.
- NO Balloons, Balls, Inflatable Balls or Frisbees.
- NO Tents, Large Umbrellas, Chairs or Blankets.
- NO Backpacks Over 12″ × 12″.
- NO Camelbaks or Bota Bags.
- NO Large Purses or Bags (Anything Over 10″ × 10″).
- NO Stuffed Animals or Dolls (Including Plush Backpacks).
- NO Open Packs of Cigarettes or Unsealed Tampons (Upon Entry).
- NO Outside Food or Beverages (Including Alcohol and Candy).
- NO Weapons of any Kind (Includes Pocket Knives, Pepper Spray, Fireworks, etc.).
- NO Professional Recording Equipment – Photo, Video, or Audio (No Detachable Lenses, Tripods, Big Zooms or Commercial Use Rigs).
- NO Video Cameras.
- NO flags or totems which contain metal pieces, flammable materials, professional camera/video equipment, sharpened elements, or are capable of being pounded into the ground or hurting others. We reserve the right to refuse or inspect any totem for any grounds whatsoever, including, but not limited to: safety and/or prohibited item concerns.
- YES Small Bags, Single Compartment Backpacks and Purses (maximum 10″ × 10″).
- YES Fanny Packs.
- YES Non-Professional Flash/Still Cameras.
- YES Cell Phones.
- YES Sunglasses.
- YES Hats.
- YES Lighters.
- YES Closed Packs of Cigarettes.
- YES Sealed/Wrapped Tampons.
- YES Earplugs.
- YES Sealed Chapstick and Lipgloss.
- YES Glowing/Illuminated Costumes or Jewelry.
- YES Sealed Packs of Gum.
- Your Ticket.
- Your Photo ID.
- Comfortable Clothing and Shoes.
- Good Vibes.
- Festival Costumes Encouraged!